FAYETTEVILLE – Cape Fear
Valley Health Foundation and Cape Fear Valley Blood Donor Center have partnered
to award scholarships to eight Cumberland County Schools seniors for helping
organize school blood drives.
The $500 scholarships were
- Dalton Godwin and Savanna Scott. Cape Fear High School
- Darell Swett, E.E. Smith High School
- Brena Ward, Jack Britt High School
- Erykah Florence and Chaterlee Pamintuan, Pine Forest High School
- Priscilla Boaheng, South View High School
- Chkylle Boado, Westover High School
To qualify, each student had
to be nominated after helping organize at least two blood drives with the Blood
Donor Center during the past school year. They also had to maintain a good GPA
and plan to pursue a health sciences or health occupations degree.
The scholarship is funded
through donations to Cape Fear Valley Health Foundation. All blood donated
during the drives help patients at Cape Fear Valley Health.
The Blood Donor Center and
Cumberland County Schools have partnered to hold Partners for Life blood drives
in area schools for 20 years. The donated blood typically provides half the
blood supply used at Cape Fear Valley during school year months.
For more information about
the Partners for Life scholarship for rising seniors, visit www.cfvfoundation.org.