What We Do
Making A Difference
Because of the strong support we receive from patients, families, employees, physicians and the community, we are able to fund medical needs that would not normally be found in Cape Fear Valley Health’s budget. Programs and equipment funded by the Foundation include Giraffe beds in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, emergency financial needs for cancer patients, the LifeNet EKG equipment on EMS vehicles and furniture for the newly renovated pediatric unit. The Foundation’s Endowment helps ensure that patients and their families will always have access to quality care. With the ongoing growth of Cape Fear Valley comes an increasing need for expanded programs and services. That’s where Cape Fear Valley Health Foundation comes in. The Foundation helps Cape Fear Valley Health keep pace with that growth. Through the Foundation’s affiliation with Cape Fear Valley Health, nearly 100 percent of donations are spent on programming not administrative costs. The mission of the Cape Fear Valley Health Foundation is to serve the community by building awareness and philanthropic support for Cape Fear Valley Health as it provides compassionate, quality healthcare for all its patients.
With your help, we can touch even more lives. We appreciate your financial gifts and we have programs to recognize your contributions to the Foundation, including our Donor Wall in Valley Pavilion with your name prominently displayed. Our tribute program offers a way to honor or memorialize your family members, friends, caregivers or patients through an enduring and meaningful gift.
Reasons to SUPPORT
• Community support of the Foundation can provide both short-term and long-term funding for healthcare services and programs.
• By establishing and investing in a growing endowment, the Foundation has the potential to provide millions of dollars each year to continue to ensure that all patients, regardless of their ability to pay will always have access to exceptional healthcare right here at home.
• Charitable dollars raised by the Foundation are an alternate source of needed revenue that are an investment in healthcare services for the families we serve in our community.
• Cape Fear Valley Health has the highest percentage of Medicaid and Medicare patients of any health system in North Carolina. These government programs pay Cape Fear Valley Health a flat rate, regardless of actual cost of caring for those patients. The costs exceed the payments received. As a result, Cape Fear Valley Health writes off $75 million in losses each year from caring for indigent patients and others who do not have money to pay their hospital bills.
• Money invested into Cape Fear Valley Health through the Foundation is money that stays at home to help those in our community.
To see what Cape Fear Valley Health Foundation has funded, please click here.
Your gift is tax-deductible to the full extent allowed by law. Unless otherwise noted below, there were no goods or services provided in consideration, in whole or in part, for the contribution. Cape Fear Valley Health Foundation is a tax-exempt, nonprofit organization as described in section 501(c) (3) of the IRS Code for 1984, as amended. Our tax identification number is 56-1947017.