Welcome to Cape Fear Valley Health System!
In order to make the application and hiring process as convenient as possible for you, we have put together the following information.
Upon completion of your interview you will:
Requirements Prior to Start Date
Employee Health Screen
- Be contacted by the recruiter to advise if you have been selected for the position. We will begin background checks and references. If you are not chosen for a position, you will be notified and your application will be retained for 90 days.
- Receive a letter in the mail giving instructions of where to go for orientation, where to park, etc. Please read carefully and follow the instructions. Professional attire is expected. All nurses must attend both weeks of Nursing Core Orientation unless otherwise advised by your Recruiter.
In order to begin work, you must "clear" your employment health screen prior to the Friday before the orientation date. This means that you need to schedule your Employee Health appointment within 30 days and up to the Wednesday prior to your Orientation date.
The recruiter will transfer you to Employee Health located at 3318 Melrose Road, across from the Emergency Department, or provide you with the phone number - 910-615-3171 or 910-615-3172.
You will need:
- Copy of your immunization records (Please bring a copy from your previous employer or your primary health care provider)
- Photo ID such as driver's license
- Anticipate an hour for this screening
- Please do not bring children to this appointment
- Anyone who arrives 20 minutes past their scheduled appointment time will need to reschedule
- Do not empty your bladder prior to your arrival or appointment time, as a urine specimen will be required
- Please turn off cell phones and refrain from use upon entering the Employee Health Office
All RNs and LPNs hired on units performing cardiac monitoring must take and pass the Basic Dysrhythmia pre-test no later than the Thursday afternoon prior to your start date. The exam will cover the entire study packet; Basic Dysrhythmia Study Guide
. You have only one opportunity to re-test, and the re-test cannot be taken the same day. If you do not pass after two attempts, Cape Fear Valley Health System will not employ you. The test requires your full concentration, so please make arrangements for childcare. This exam is administered in the Education Center at 3418 Village Drive.
The Human Resources Department is located at 1320 Medical Drive. You will need to come to our office prior to your start date to complete the required new hire paperwork (tax forms, I-9 form etc.) and have your photograph taken for your ID badge. Let the receptionist know you are a new hire. You will not need to see the recruiter for this.
You will need:
- To complete and sign Section 1 of Form I-9 (Employment Eligibility Verification) no later than the first day of employment and provide identification documents from the list of acceptable documents listed on page 9 of the I-9 form. Please be prepared to present the acceptable document(s) when you come to Human Resources.
- A voided check or direct deposit authorization in order to set up direct deposit of payroll. Direct Deposit is mandatory.
- All RNs and LPNs must have a current nursing license for North Carolina or a current license in another "Compact State". The Nurse Recruiter will confirm this information prior to your start date. Please refer to the Nurse Licensure Compact guidelines as defined by the NC Board of Nursing and Cape Fear Valley Health.