EMPLOYEE TRANSFER PROCESS
Staff should use the Cape Fear Valley internal online application, available on the InfoWeb, to apply for the position. If a staff member does not have access to a computer, he or she should visit Human Resources at 1320 Medical Drive, to retrieve a hard copy of the Employee Transfer Application.
Transfers offer staff the opportunity for career growth and advancement within Cape Fear Valley Health.
Staff must inform their current supervisor of their intention to apply for another position within the Health System before doing so. Expressing an interest in transferring within the Health System will not adversely affect a staff member's current employment. There are, however, specific procedures and qualifying periods for staff applying for a transfer.
The following list details the requirements for staff transfer:
- Employed as "Exempt", "Full Time", "Part Time", or "Per Diem"
- Completed a minimum of six months of successful service in a position with Cape Fear Valley Health System (exceptions to this six-month requirement may be made by a current supervisor)
- Current performance meets job expectations
- Meets all of the job qualifications for the position
- Has not received formal performance or conduct counseling with a corrective action within the last six months of employment (exceptions to this stipulation may only be made with the approval of the current supervisor, the interviewing supervisor, the entity or department Human Resources representative, and a Staff and Employee Relations representative).
Application Processes & Guidelines
The following list details the requirements for job postings, hirings, and applications:
- All approved, vacant positions must be posted for a minimum of three calendar days on the website, capefearcareers.com. The recruitment office electronically posts new vacancies so that all eligible staff may be informed of new job opportunities at the health system.
- Staff must ensure they meet the competency and experience requirements for the position.
- Staff must develop or update their resume in preparation for the application process.
- Staff must inform their current supervisor of a transfer request before submitting a transfer application.